Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Blood-rush of Escape Dreams

Hello All,
This is another post where I'm transferring dreams from my old blog to my new blog. The next few dreams from my old blog are all related to escape, and oddly enough, most of them have something to do with touching the Pacific Ocean, something I've never done. I had this dream about 3 and a half months ago.
I lived in a new prospering city. A place that could only exist on the West Coast, it's European history remarkably brief. I lived in a hotel stories upon stories high, with every thing inside. A tower of elevators and escalators, vast windows and unending views out into the sea. I was a completely different person. I was someone I'd be attracted to, rather than myself.
I'd go to my school, only to go out to the beach in front of it's large tempered-glass windows, framed with steel piping. I put on a wet suit, and swam as the sun set. The light blared through everything, it obscured the landscape as much as fog. I was late for class because I couldn't leave the rushing ocean and intense level of sunlight. I never feel so much energy in real life as I feel in dreams like these.
I soon went back to class as the evening took hold, and only looked forward to the next day to where I again could be so completely blasted by sunlight. I woke up with an incredible amphetamine rush, that only lasted a few minutes, and then I went back to bed. Real life, is so much like, trying to drag a soggy, dead body to shore.
Thank you for reading,
Marc

No comments: